Domestic and cross border taxation has increasingly become a subject of intricate complexities, quite often impacting current operations as also having serious potential implications for the business enterprises, its owners and management. Tax issues and controversies are compounded by the impelling need felt by business enterprises for corporate restructuring through mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, demergers, divestiture and privatization. With the advent of e-Commerce, territorial jurisdictions in cross-border transactions pose both a challenge and an opportunity in the ever persistent quest for excelling tax-effective financial performance and results of an enterprise.
The use of latest technologies and the ability to access domestic tax expertise and experience in a variety of circumstances provide opportunities to render multifarious taxation services including the following:
Corporate Tax Compliance and Reporting
- Preparation and filing of annual and periodical tax returns
- Withholding tax compliance
- Professional assistance in post-return correspondence with and representation before tax assessment authorities
- Obtaining certificates of tax exemption, special tax rates, where applicable
- Representation in appeals and references before tax appellate authorities and Alternate Dispute Resolution forum
- Representation before the Central Board of Revenue for invoking its jurisdiction for administrative and advance ruling and clarification on taxation issues.
Personal Taxation Services
General Sales Tax (GST) – Planning, Advices, Compliance Assistance and Reporting Services
Of all the indirect taxes, GST, which is a modified form of Value Added Tax (VAT) in Pakistan, occupies a conspicuous significance in the current regime of public finance and taxation. In Pakistan, since recent years, increasing number of goods and services are being brought within the ambit of the GST regime. Although in its nascent stage, the law governing GST is not only becoming far reaching but also highly complex, both from the standpoint of compliance as also from the perspective of planning to manage the effects of the levy on pricing decisions and distribution structure and indeed on the “bottom-line”. It is, therefore, reasonable to expect a high level of focused enforcement by the tax authorities. By the same token, business enterprises need to address the issue not only in a timely manner but also by availing competent level of specialization, professional expertise and experience to avail and optimize benefits as also to mitigate exposure of potential punitive action in the event of significant default.
Services pertaining to GST include:
- Applying for and obtaining GST registration and assistance and advisory services on related formalities
- Planning for benefit optimisation and counselling for structuring of business operations, transactions, pricing structures, distribution network, procurement channels and incentive and discount policies
- Counselling and advise on GST issues on a continuing basis
- Assistance and advices for the preparation of periodical GST Returns to enable clients to cause timely discharge of GST payment obligations
- Advices and assistance in pursuing claim for adjustment of input and output taxes
- Representation before GST assessment and appellate authorities on contentious GST issues and dispute resolution
- Pursue and assist in following up GST exemption(s) and refund issue
- Representation to the Central Board of Revenue and Tariff Commission for removing fiscal anomalies and procuring ruling on contentious and obscure GST and related issues.